Well, this was it…the last day of summer holidays! And wouldn’t you know it, after a summer full of rain, this week is forcasted to be the warmest yet! Figures! I’m looking forward to it, but I must admit, I’m a little nervous about tomorrow! First, I’m nervous we might not get out of the house on time, next it’s because it’s a new school – a whole new list of “rules” to figure out, where to park, where to wait with my children, new parents to meet… all that. I’m not nervous for my son, I know he’ll transfer over just fine!
I have a few projects in the works right now, just nothing to show for it all! There is something wrong between the camera and the computer – I don’t bother myself with the details, my husband is the computer geek, and he’s in charge of the problem… however, here are some things on the go:
- I spent 1 1/2 hours glazing my kitchen hutch and desk last night, and I love the way it turned out. It’s very subtle, which was exactly the effect I was going for. Next will be a bunch of applications of varnish, so we don’t need to worry about the abuse it might undertake, being in the kitchen.
- I have cut out and am 1/2 way through stitching my first bird for my baby girl’s mobile. This, you must know, is a huge deal for me. Even though this is on a very small scale, the most I have stitched since grade 8 home ec class is mending small holes in our clothes!
- today my husband and I attacked the baby girl’s bedroom: we got the window curtains hung, the curtain for the wardrobe hung, and shelves put up. I took pictures of every step, so I can write a tutorial on it, for any of you who don’t have the patience to wait (4 months) for the curtains to go up!
- Writing up a tutorial on how to make IceCream! We did it a couple times this year, and although not more $ wise than just buying a huge tub of icecream, it was fun, and DELICIOUS! Yum!
- plus, should I write a tutorial on the perfect toe-nail-polish application?! Cuz I really need to get at mine – none of the toes match! So embarrassing, considering I’m a trained esthetician!!
So, since I have no pictures to post for you, I will link you up with a fun little project posted on “Centsational Girl”, I thought would be very handy to make and have. Enjoy! If you make one, let me know about it!
No related posts.