Here we go… the reveal!
So I mentioned that this wall paper was my inspiration… the colors followed quickly. Benjamin Moore’s WildFlower for the bottom and Diamond Dust for the top.
Insert Opera Singer singing “AAaaaaahhhaaaa”
We Love it!
Those curtains were made by yours truly. I found the fabric in the sale section at the local fabric store and got a huge amount of fabric for $10! Since I don’t know how to sew at all, I did all the “stitching” with iron-on-hemming. It was a little tricky, as this fabric is very slippery, but it holds! One day when I learn to sew, I will fix it up properly (maybe!)
The Wallpaper was found at Home Depot, at about $35 a roll I believe. Now had we wanted to be more thrifty, and had I known about this option, I have since found there’s a couple of very cool wall stencil companies out there, and you can get the same effect for around $40 (but probably a lot more labour!) Two of the companies I have found are 1. Royal Design Studio, and 2.Cutting Edge Stencils (which, I found, has a stencil named Anna, and would have given a very similar look!) For this space, and because of the pattern size on this paper, we used about 3 1/2 rolls. Like I said, my big splurge.
This chandelier also came from Home Depot. I can’t remember if it was $40 or $80, but I know I had to wait till her birthday and gave it to her as a birthday present!
When I removed the “Always Remember To Kiss Me Goodnight” wall decal from the wall before the makeover, I was afraid I might have to throw it out, as it got all tangled in itself, and wouldn’t adhere to the wallpaper. But then I got this bright idea - I painted a stretch canvas the wall color, added the decal and the ribbon, and ta-da -Gorgeous!
This bookcase was a hand me down 7 years ago for my son. It was handmade by the previous owner, very sturdy, and used to be a dark blue with wood stained shelves. The toy storage also had a door on it which by this time was torn up from rough-play. This is when I found how much I enjoy painting furniture. I primed it once, then painted it in the dark purple color from her walls, followed by 2 coats of paint that matched her other “new” furniture. The distressing was a bit testy. I found the sandpaper took off too much paint, and the original blue would show through. Then I heard that those Mr Clean cleaning pads worked for this, and it did! It worked best if I wet them down first, then went at it…
This is when I fell in love with Craigslist. I found this dresser, the matching side table, the bed frame, headboard and mattress all for just over $100. Wow. the furniture needed a coat of paint, so I took a drawer into Rona and had the color matched. LOVE.
That doll house was a purchase sight unseen… my sister found it on a fabulous sale due to it being the floor model. She called me up and told me I would love it. I had her pay for it, and I picked it up later that day. When I saw it, I couldn’t believe how gorgeous it was, and how amazing it fit in with the room – almost like we planned the room around the house! But we didn’t. Honest.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!