It’s here!! It’s Friday!! And tonight we celebrate Jordan’s birthday by taking him and his buddies ice skating! (you may remember, I don’t enjoy ice skating!! I’m hoping to use the baby as an excuse to not participate!
Today is my continuation of the 10 Day YOU Challenge, and todays topic is 2 Songs
This is another topic that makes me sweat a little… for most people I know, this wouldn’t be a challenge, but for me it is. Thank heavens I only have to list 2!! I like many songs, but none of them for any specific reason… so let me think on this for a while…!
(While I hesitate, you can read my 10 secrets, 9 loves, 8 fears, 7 wants, 6 places, 5 foods, 4 books, 3 films)
Okay, here it is:
The Prayer, by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. This is just such a beautiful song. I really wanted this song played at our wedding, but for a variety of reasons, it wasn’t done (I won’t get into it here!) but these are the lyrics for the first verse:
I pray you’ll be our eyes, and watch us where we go. And help us to be wise in times when we don’t know. Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way, Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace, To a place where we’ll be safe
I can hear it in my head when I read that, and it’s just so pretty.
My next song is Blessed Be The Tie That Binds. This hymn was sung at our wedding, and I still love the words to it:
Blest be the tie that binds Our hearts in Christian love; The fellowship of kindred minds Is like to that above.
Before our Father’s throne, We pour our ardent prayers; Our fears, our hopes, our aims are one, Our comforts, and our cares.
We share our mutual woes, Our mutual burdens bear; And often for each other flows The sympathizing tear.
When we asunder part, It gives us inward pain; But we shall still be joined in heart, And hope to meet again.
To me it just represents what we go through here on earth, and how as a married couple we will go through it all together, our hopes, our dreams, our woes and our burdens. And that when our lives do end, it will hurt, but we will see each other again in heaven. And it’s just so comforting to know that my husband and I share this promise together, and we can always depend on each other.
Well, now that I feel all solemn after that, I want to sunny it up a little! Which brings me on to my next topic!!
I have been awarded the Sunshine Award!!
With this award, I have a few rules to follow:
As a recipient of this delightful award, I have a few rules to follow:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. (Done!)
- Answer 10 questions about yourself. (See below.)
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers. See my list below.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. So happy to share the love!
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. so…
I would like the thank my friend Randee from Randee’s Organized Chaos very much for passing this award on to me!! I love how thoughtful Randee is, and how supportive she is of everything I do!
My 10 Sunshine Award Questions:
1. Favorite Color? ooh, that’s a tie between turquoise and apple green! (just see my new theme! happy colors!!)
2.Favorite Animal? Marmosets. That’s right! Do you know what that is?? They are the most adorable monkeys, and our zoo has a ton of them. I could sit all day watching and laughing at these bouncy little creatures. When I first found them, I had shorter hair, and according to my hubby, when I woke it the morning, I looked like a marmoset!
3. Favorite Number? Consciously, I don’t have one, but I think subconsciously it is the number 3. I have 3 kids… when I do a display of something, it’s always in 3… that’s about all I can think of!! Seriously, who has favorite numbers!!
4. Favorite nonalcoholic drink? Milkshakes. mmmmm…. McDonalds had an Orange something-or-other that was fabulous, and another favorite was at Red Robin’s, Gingerbread. yuuuummmm. Oh, and last night we tried the Shamrock shake from McD’s. yumyumyum.
5. Prefer FB or Twitter? Facebook! I haven’t even bothered to try Twitter. I have enough distractions in my life as is!
6. My passion? Other than for my kids, I’d have to say my current passion is exactly what I’m doing… painting everything!! LOL! My passions seem to change every 5 years or so, so we’ll see how long this goes on!
7. Prefer getting presents or giving? Well, giving of course! Especially when you know it’s the perfect gift!
8. Favorite Pattern? Can I say one with leaves on it? I’m wild about anything with green leaves on it!
9. Favorite Day of the Week? I think Sundays. If it goes well anyways. If it doesn’t, it can be my most non-enjoyable day. But I enjoy going with the family to church, and if they behave we all have a real good time. and I love it when we get together with extended family afterwards for lunch and yummy things to eat. And I love the way it’s so relaxing in the evening.
10. Favorite Flower? Hydrangea. Soooo pretty. Fresh, dried, doesn’t matter!
Now for the fabulous blogs I would like to pass the award on to! Except I’m going to be a very bad girl, and not choose 10-12. To be honest, after passing on the Blogger’s Versatile Award to 7 other bloggers, I don’t have that much left… plus, I want to REALLY love the blogs I choose, not choose just because I have to!
So there are a couple of bloggers that have stood out to me lately:
1. Alisha from Going G-Free! Alisha is becoming a fabulous friend, I love reading her posts, and she blogs about everything from food, parenting, to the truth about who she is. I love her openness and honesty.
2. Beth from Chic Envelopements. This woman is amazing! What she re-fashions with clothes blows my mind. Beth has a very new blog, and has everyone’s attention already!
3. Lisa from Lisa’s Craft Blog. I have been following Lisa for a little while, and I love her craftiness. This girl is smart and so talented!
4. Melissa from Serendipity and Spice. This girl is smart. Her knowledge and skills in blogging is awesome, I’m often red-flagging her posts in my inbox, to make sure I keep them and read them over again!
5. Donna at Funky Junk Interiors. Okay, this woman is beyond awards like this, but I need to mention her. I may be her newest stalker, as I want to know everything about her. I know she is local, grew up in the same town as me, we have probably shopped at many of the same places, and her style is amazing. She writes for magazines, and has thousands upon thousands of followers for her blog. But yet, when I emailed her to ask about her sign-making classes, she responded the next day. How amazing is she!? Her blog is a juicy place for tons of eye candy and blogging and decorating knowledge.
6. Next is my friend Heidi, at Our House For Coffee. Heidi’s blog is a diary of her challenge with breast cancer. I hope Heidi, doesn’t mind me mentioning her blog here, and I know she hasn’t blogged much lately, but Heidi is a beautiful person of faith, with an amazing gift of writing. I hope she keeps it up, because I find her posts so powerful and beautiful.
7. The Blog Tap. This is a cool new blog that covers blogging topics, and features and accepts guests bloggers…. basically a community of bloggers, helping each other to “get out there”. A very cool place. I may try to guest on there sometime soon!
And that’s where I’m going to leave it people!! Have a most fabulous weekend, and I hope you take some time to give the above recipients some love and check out their blogs!!
Oh, and I’d love to know about some of your top songs!!